story by Kat Barnette, Young Living Consultant
There are a couple of easy ways to incorporate using oils at school. Some schools do allow teachers to diffuse oils in their classrooms. Others have put them on cloths and placed them on the children’s desks. Make sure to check with your school to see what their rules are.
For individual children, you can use leather jewelry and apply the oils straight to the leather. Anytime the child wants to smell it, they can! It’s like wearing perfume, but way safer and can help them focus, destress, relax..the options are endless!
Another great option is to use a diffuser locket necklace and place a piece of leather inside. Add a few drops to the piece of leather and wear all day.
This is great support for sleep the night before school! If there are butterflies for your kiddos, or if they are restless, especially before bed, diffusing and applying to the feet is a great option to help them get the sleep they need!
Benefits of lavender oil:
- Roll onto feet after school for calming
- Roll onto the chest and diffuse when pollen count is high and you’re battling allergens
- Use generously on the skin after touching something hot or after a day in the sunshine
- Use generously on bug bites or itchy skin
- Roll onto the back and drop into bath water when experiencing constipation
This is a “cleansing” or “clearing” oil which can be helpful for the respiratory but also for the emotions. Roll this one onto the feet and diffuse for nervousness.
Benefits of lemon oil:
- Use to remove gum or sticky residue – my fav is to remove paint after those crafty days
- Add to a blend with Lavender when pollen count is high and battling allergens
- Add onto the chest and diffuse during the winter months to support the respiratory system
This is the oil for a big ‘ol immunity support! You can use this proactively before you start the school day – every day. It makes the BIGGEST difference.
This is a great oil for all the boo-boos and growing pains. Those little legs have lots of growing to do! When they are experiencing growing pains, this is one to grab!! Who has little ones who wake up at night from growing pains?